Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's A Bridal Shower!


Hi! This week marks an anniversary of sorts for me......two years ago this week I bought my first Magnolia stamps and this one was one of those.  It's funny how something like this is important enough for me to remember every year....pretty crazy!  lol  This is Tilda with umbrella and I colored her and paper pieced her dress, hat, and umbrella.  I used Spellbinders dies to frame her and Distress inks in antique linen, vintage photo, and walnut stain to give it a vintage feel.  I added a sentiment by fiskars and added some grommets to the sentiment banner.  I then added lace, ribbon, pearls, and some stickles.  All the paper is from various My Minds Eye paper pads.

32 comments:

  1. very very cute Karen... I know what you mean about these little cuties.. They get in your blood and you just have to have them all!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Karen! Love the soft pretty colors and your wonderful details! Beautifully colored and designed!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, your card is adorable. I just love this Tilda. I'm gonna have to add her to my collection. Love your soft colors and coloring. Really makes her look delicate.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card! She looks lovely.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Karen, I love the soft colours and pretty paper, very sweet
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous paper piecing, love all the distressing too. Thanks for playing along with us at LIIU, good luck with the challenge. Hope to see you for our next challenge at our new blog. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, so cute Karen and I love your colouring and design. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful Karen, I have this Tilda and it was among the first ones I ever bought too. Fabulous card hon.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delightful card Karen.

    Thank you so very much for joining a challenge at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful and how dainty she is framed up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww! this is really sweet Karen! what a lovely Tilda image… you've coloured her beautifully and I love the paper-piecing!! The papers and embellishments are all stunning!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your anniversary Karen - You certainly have done yourself proud. You make beautiful cards!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Karen.. Love her sweet parasol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Maggie Anniversary!!! Darling paper piecing Karen AND this so soft and sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy stamp anniversary! I love your card; it is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes Happy Stamp anniversary. Fabulous card. I like the way you turned the upper corner down. I need to try that on one of my cards, great idea.
    Have a great week.
    Blessings Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Karen! Happy anniversary! I love this stamp and the paper piecing. Beautiful elements!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great card by Karen!!!! Love it!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Definitely pretty and i love the die cuts
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our pretty in Pink challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Karen! Fabulous coloring and designing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how awesome! Beautiful card...great choice for a first buy of Tildas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is one of my favorite Tilda's. Absolutely gorgeous coloring and design!!!!! Awesome work I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another sweet vintage look!!! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet, elegant and gorgeous! That instantly came to mind when I saw this.

    ♥ Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card. Love the colors. It's been a while since I've had time to browse blogs.
    Blessings from Georgetown, TX

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card Karen. Love the colors.
    Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic design and the distressing is so pretty :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card, Karen. Love the soft colours. I'd like to colour some of my older Tilda's too, but there are so many new adorable ones to play with..LOL.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  29. AWE! This one is so darn pretty Karen. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  30. How sweet and feminine she is! Love this image and you've made her look so soft and sweet. Just gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful card as well as the image. Love the color choice. Thank you for sharing and joining in at HIMCR. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Wow! Your Tilda card is just gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us at MAWTT :)

    ReplyDelete