I start by cupping the flower cut outs around the eraser end of the pencil.
Now take the one that isn't curled back and cup it tight for the inside of the flower. It will look like the photo below.
Then, use your hot glue gun and put some glue on the bottom of that and attach one of the cupped flower shapes to it.
Do the same with the last petal, adjusting the petals while the glue is still hot.
The last step is to glue the flower to the star so that is will attach nicely to your card or project and it looks like the leaves of the flower.
Here is the finished flower. I hope you have as much fun making these flowers as I do. You can make a fuller flower by having 4 or 5 flowers glued together and you can also make them bigger or smaller with different sized cut outs.
I store my flowers in containers like these and usually have three containers of them with the flowers ranging in size from 3/4" to 1-1/4". Thanks for stopping by!!
Fantastic tutorial Karen! You're a natural!!! :)
ReplyDeletelove it Karen.. they are gorgeous!!
ReplyDeletelove flowers!!
xoxo
Great tutorial, Karen! I need to start making my own, so I appreciate this!
ReplyDeleteThank you so very much for sharing
ReplyDeletehugs Linda
Fabulous tutorial, Karen! Thanks so much for sharing it.
ReplyDeleteWonderful tutorial Karen, this way you have just the right colour flowers, nicely done
ReplyDeleteHugs Julie P
Super tutorial Karen! Thanks for sharing your talent!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers Karen. Love them all and thanks for the tut!!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Cabio
Oh you clever girl, these are beautiful. You don't have to buy them anymore. hugs Sharon
ReplyDeleteand they look so pretty..wonderfull roses, bye Mascha
ReplyDeleteExcellent tutorial. I tried to make some like yours but I have to practice some more. I love the ones that you sent me!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved your tutorial
ReplyDeletethanks
hugs
Sónia
Great tutorial with beautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Cathy-Lynn
Oh your flowers are stunning. thank you for made a tutorial for us.
ReplyDeleteFrancy
LOVE IT!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Thanks Thanks!
Judy Garrelts
Oh wow! Awesome tutorial...thanks!
ReplyDeleteRene :D
I know from personal experience just how pretty these flowers are - thanks, Karen.
ReplyDeleteKaren, thank you so much for showing us how you did the flowers. Absolutely beautiful and so very simple. Linda
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU so much for showing me how to make your beautiful roses!!!!! Now to find the 5 petal punch or die for my sizzix big kick---mine all have 6 petals.....thanks for sharing your great secret.
ReplyDeletehugs
Tammejean
Wow Karen
ReplyDeleteI am shocked at how many you have made ahead and all those pretty colors I know what you do while your teaching Derek school LOL
Hugs and GREAT Tutorial Thanks from all of us
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteWonderful tutorial Karen, thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Suzi x
What a great tutorial! Beautiful flowers!! hugs, Angela
ReplyDeleteGreat tutorial, Karen! Thanks! I'm still using/enjoying the ones I won from you! Only a few left!
ReplyDeleteOH KAREN! Thank you SO much for sharing! WOW you make it look easy, I can't wait to give it a try! I just LOVE your flowers! Thank you SO much!!!
ReplyDeleteWendy - daffygal
Thank you for the fantastic tutorial. Your flowers are divine!
ReplyDeleteYour roses are fantastic, and thanks so much for the step by step to make them!
ReplyDeleteSweet Karen! Wonderful flowers and they look so professional! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteGreat tutorial - thanks Karen.
ReplyDeleteSandy
These are so pretty! Thank you for your generosity in sharing & showing how you make yours! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, I think I might be able to do this! They're gorgeous and as pretty as ones you buy in the store! Thanks so much and I'll let you know how mine come out! Thanks for the great tutorial!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Susan
Thank you for sharing this great tutorial! I will be trying these out for sure.
ReplyDelete♥ Laura C.
I just reread this after I looked at your card with the awesome flowers on it. Thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial with us.
ReplyDeleteHugs....Pam:)
Karen the flowers are so beauitful it would be great if you could do a live youtube tutorial we could hear you tell us how to do these and we could do them with you that would be great too ..thank you dear,
ReplyDelete